duminică, 15 iulie 2007

some quotes from hermann hesse's novel, "steppenwolf"

"And perhaps, I mean, it has always been the same and always will be, and what is called history at school, and all we learn by heart there about heroes and geniuses and great deeds and fine emotions, is all nothing but a swindle invented by the schoolmasters for educational reasons to keep children occupied for a given number of years. It has always been so and always will be. Time and the world, money and power belong to the small people and the shallow people. To the rest, to the real men belongs nothing. Nothing but death.
Whoever wants to live and enjoy his life today must not be like you and me. Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
I do want more. I am not content with being happy. I was not made for it. It is not my destiny. My destiny is the opposite."

Un comentariu:

kalashnikovworm spunea...

i agree. but what about trainspotting?! haha,it was a joke, they just don't compare.